This past weekend I signed up for a 50-hour seminar; “Unleash The Power Within,” by Tony Robbins a life-coach.
Tony Robbins is not a motivational speaker but a learn-to-live-coach, he teaches this concept in order to change our circumstances, first we need to understand what is influencing and driving us, what are our beliefs and habits. At the end, all these invisible forces that are controlling our lives can be changed.
It was a weekend filled with a high level of energy that created a beautiful and almost spiritual state.
- So, I would like to share this experience and one of the lessons with all you:
Where you are in life today, depends 100% on one word, only one word: standards, your standards!
What is the meaning of standards? It is a behavior that is expected; it is the norm, our expected norm.
There are different levels of standards:
- Low Standards: If poor standards are the norm, everything you do in life, will have poor results. If you do a poor job at work, you will be fired. If you have poor eating habits, you will become fat and unhealthy. If you do a poor job as parent, your children might end up in jail. If you do a poor job in your relationship, your spouse might leave you.
- Good Standards: That is what most people in our country have. We do a good job, we are good parents, and we get good grades. Decades ago doing a good job would mean you have a secure job and get rewarded. Today if you are good, you will be fired because good is poor in todays standards. If you’re doing a good job at school, you will not get into the best universities. If you are doing a good job at home for sure your kids are smoking marijuana.
- Excellent Standards: Before, excellent was the top, the best. However, today excellent is just truly-good, and is something that high achievers won’t accept. In this competitive world, truly-good is the norm for everyone.
- To really succeed you need to do an outstanding job; you need to have outstanding standards. We live in times where if we want to be exceptional, we need persistently to be adding value by constantly raising our standards.
“Your life should not be fucking good, it should be fucking outstanding.” - Tony Robbins