Mauricio’s magic? I thought…
What a great complement, but what is it? I realized what they needed is a simple solution to a problem, which is an ability I enjoy and practice!
So I started to think, why do people make everything so complicated?
First, what does it mean to complicate? It means to make something more difficult or confusing by causing it to be more complex.
Life is complicated because we decide to make it that way. We worry about everything, relationships, jobs, money, our image, how others perceive us, and much more.
With some of the concerns, there is really nothing within our power that we can do to change, so why should we have anxiety about it? We just have to learn to live with it. However, concerns that we have 100% control of we should work towards a solution and conquer them.
The majority of people think that the more complicated we make things the smarter we are.
As a student, I had 2 types of professors, the ones that believed the more complex they made the lecture or solution it was better. They believed that they were perceived as more educated or prepared. Bad news for those professors, I did not learn or even remember their names.
On the other hand, the professors who presented us with complicated material and encouraged us to find simple solutions are the teachers that really shape our minds, we admire and always remember!
This may sound like a complicated blog, but it has a simple message… simple solutions and simplicity in your life is key!
I took some of these rules from: 100 Ways to Uncomplicate Your Life
Try to follow them!
- Don’t try to read other people’s minds
- Get 8 hours of sleep per night, so that you think more clearly
- Don’t try to be friends with everyone. Cultivate closer relationships with fewer people.
- Before getting angry, ask yourself if it will really matter in 20 years
- Focus on being a good person, not on pleasing others
- Kiss and make up
- Don’t drink alcohol when you’re tired, sad, or mad
- Get an annual physical examination
- Say “I love you” to your significant other and to your children. Studies show that more marriages last, and fewer kids use drugs, when these words are spoken every day.
- For just one day, imagine everyone’s intentions are good because most people’s are
- When you have a conflict with someone, talk it out. Don’t let it turn into more than it is.
- Know what your priorities are in life, and act as if they are your priorities
- Tell the truth
- Don’t cheat
- Don’t steal
- If you’re holding on to a ridiculous grudge, let it go
- Do your best at work, or at school
- Be yourself
- Say no unapologetically
- Help your children with their homework every night, and have an open dialogue with their teachers
- Spend your time with nice people
- Avoid drama
- Refuse to gossip, or talk behind other people’s backs
- Never go to sleep angry
- Ask nicely for what you need and want
- Don’t befriend anyone that isn’t trustworthy
- Don’t envy others
- Don’t look for reasons to be angry or sad, look for reasons to be happy. You’ll always be able to find plenty of each.
- Don’t procrastinate
- Forgive and forget. End of story.
- Let go of perfection in others
- Let go of perfection in yourself
- Don’t try to help those that refuse to help themselves
- Finish what you start
- Allow your children to grow up
- If a relationship is over, let it go
Coming back to Mauricio's magic, we did have a conference call among the business partners and it took us 24 minutes to find a solution. An easy solution!
Life should be easy to understand!
Do not get complicated…
Keep in mind; the real talent is to find simple solutions!
“Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” - Confucius