In life, your attitude is key and is the trigger for a series of events…
A positive attitude leads to affirmative thoughts, constructive events and successful outcomes; it generates happiness and satisfaction.
A negative attitude generates pessimistic thoughts, destructive events and failed outcomes; it provokes anger and disappointment.
Which side of the spectrum are you on?
Here are some tips that I got from Craig Dewe to help us to maintain a positive attitude no matter what’s going on in our life.
- You determine your reality. Your real challenges are inside your mind and only YOU decide how to act; It is your own reality!
- Start your day strong. Do not drag yourself out of bed, instead jump out excited, it is a brand new day. This will create a positive frame for the entire day.
- Exercise is the natural feel good drug. When you exercise positive chemicals are released into the blood stream. These chemicals help to maintain a bright outlook.
- Overload your brain with positivity. There are plenty of authors, speakers and inspirational work that you can tap into; learn how they think and how they manage their lives. Apply their knowledge
- Your language shapes your thoughts. Little changes in your language can change the way you think and how you act. Please, thank you, great, amazing, are some words that you can begin with.
- Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you, motivate you and not put you down.
- Garbage in, garbage out. “The person who dumps garbage into your mind will do you considerably more harm than the person who dumps garbage on your floor, because each load of mind garbage negatively impacts your possibilities and lowers your expectations.” - Zig Ziglar
- Show appreciation and live with gratitude. Publicly acknowledge people and life. Be thankful!
"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Winston Churchill