Where would I find a list of reasons? I decided to recruit my kids and nieces. I organized a nice dinner for them and gave them an important assignment… I asked them to write down on a note card their reasons to appreciate life.
At first, I found a lot of resistance… “Hey, you are going to make us work for you… write your own blog”, “not now"… and so on...
Finally they agreed to do it and began to get into the project. After writing their thoughts they had to give an oral presentation.
Slowly everybody got in the momentum and a great discussion began… an hour later we were still exchanging ideas.
Below are some of the great reasons that we came up to be thankful for:
- Something that we all agreed on as being the most important was family and being with the ones that you love!
- Memories created by trying new things and being able to look back on
- Little acts of kindness from random strangers
- Traveling and learning about new cultures
- Feeling the warmth of the sun
- An intelligent conversation
- Helping people, making a positive change in peoples life
- The sound of laughter and making people smile
- How the moon follows us
- Looking at the stars
- Waking up to new days
- Creating something
- Learning new things
- A new language
- Free food
- Steak and fries
- Self esteem
- Will Power
- Human rights
- Puchi, Lupe, Lola, Chupa, Diana… our dogs
When the walls begin to close in on you, take a break; stop and look beyond the immediate problem and appreciate the great things about life, then is when your immediate problem diminishes.
If you have a chance to recruit somebody to remind you of the great things about life please do it!
Do you have your reasons to appreciate life?