First, what does it mean to be wise: To be wise is to have experience, knowledge, and good judgment. To be wise is not getting old but to become aware, to understand life.
The WISDOM TEST consists of 7 questions, each with a scale of 1 to 10. 1 is crappy, 10 is accomplished. The sum of all the points total 70 if the result is an A (Accomplished), 60 is a B (not Bad), 50 is a C (Controversial), 40 is a D (Defective), 39 and below is an F (Failed).
The Wisdom Test
- Wisdom is calmness____________126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.9.10
- Wisdom is tolerance____________184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.9.10
- Wisdom is persistence __________18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.9.10
- Wisdom is resilience____________126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.9.10
- Wisdom is modesty_____________184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.9.10
- Wisdom is determination_________18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.9.10
- Wisdom is dependability_________126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.9.10
Today, I took the test and here is my score: 3,3,10,10,4,10,7 = 47
“47” means that I am on the borderline of failing. “47” is a D for Defective. “47” is the story of my academic life… ha, ha, ha.
- But this this time I am not letting it go unnoticed. I am going to prepare, retake the test and improve my grade.
Now, how can I prepare myself to improve my grade?
I found on WikiHow these tips on “How to Improve Your Grades.” I will tailor these tips to prepare for my test.
- Build good study habits from the beginning: Reading is a means through which we initiate and maintain personal growth. Begin with something short and significant like “The Greatest Salesman’s in the World” by OG Mandino and slowly keep building your library. Do not stop.
- Don't cheat! Build your life, choice-by-choice. Building a strong foundation patiently. Be truthful to yourself.
- Work hard on your assignments: The harder you work and the better prepared you are, the more good fortune you will receive.
- Prioritize: Concentrate your energy and attention on the things that really matter.
- Talk to your teachers about your grades: Get advice from people that had succeeded before you. Become a better listener and know when to talk. Listening to people that you admire may teach you a few things.
- Do not get distracted: Focus on what you want to accomplish. Turn off your FB and twitter account or anything that will be a distraction.
- Build positive relationships with classmates: Build and maintain relationships by taking care of your friends and family. At a time of need they will be your support..
- Be responsible: Take responsibility for your acts. It is your life and you are the only one responsible for it.
If I patiently follow them and apply myself, I should be able to improve my grade and become a wiser man.
- Have fun, take “THE WIDSOM TEST," give yourself a grade and find out in which areas you need to improve.
Please share the results with us!
"Wisdom is to accept and live in peace with situations that cannot be altered and to have the courage to challenge the status quo...
Wisdom is to be prudent but not scared!"